Saturday, April 12, 2014

Wash Day!

So more of my family and friends are becoming interested in hair care! YAY!!! Explaining a regimen may sound like a lot, trying to search for pertinent information in a blog, may be overwhelming. So to make things easier I decided to blog my wash days, and high light throughout the week!

Hopefully visualizing what I am doing to my hair can help others to get a more accurate idea.


Sunday was #WashDay
My wash days are nothing fancy....I simply cowash with Aussie Miraculously Smooth conditioner.
Method:

-Part hair in sections (2 or 4)
-Place conditioner on roots/scalp and work your way down.
-Rinse.
-Repeat on other side.
-I do it twice.

*Detangle*
-With hair still in sections.
I add more conditioner to that section and ONLY detangle hair under running water in shower.
I ONLY detangle using my Tangle Teezer.

My method of detangling is what has proven to work best for me and my hair.
You may have to try out different detangling utensils and methods for your hair.

*TShirt Dry*
-I blot dry using a tshirt, because it is less harsh than using bath towels.

*Leave In*
-used Dark N Lovely.

*Oiled Scalp*
-Liquid Gold Sulfur Oil.

Tossed in a bun and let air dry.

MONDAY

*Tea Rinse*
-On dry hair....I drenched in Black Tea.
(had unexpected errands to run, so by the time I made it back home, my hair had dried.)

*Deep Conditioned*
-On dry hair, I applied Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
(did that on top of the black tea rinse, though I would not reccomend anyone else doing it. Black tea can be very drying. It did not make my hair dry, but everyones hair will react differently to certain things.)

Also let the deep conditioner sit over night.

TUESDAY

-Rinsed Deep Conditioner Out.
-Leave In : Dark N Lovely
-Moisturized: Elasta QP Mango Butter
-Sealed: JBCO
-Oiled Scalp: JBCO

Wednesday

*GHE*
- Part hair in sections
-Moisturize: Elasta QP Mango Butter
-Oil Scalp: Liquid Gold Sulfur Oil
-Place plastic cap over head.
-Tie head scarf around cap
-Allow to sleep over night.


Thursday- Saturday, working and will be wigging it.



*This was not a typical wash week for me, usually I do not break my wash day into two days. I usually cowash and DC in the same day, but my schedule this week kind of threw me off a bit.*


http://www.savingourstrands.com" title="The Wash Day Experience">https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgMZHxssL8_1eLbhEhYmNi1EhY7US-NdAEyhyYxKqC_KvLip7v-7dAgRZBl_0ClDNmh801Hmi3GtI2gmyinp1SNwCtv8jr1PaKrJ-radK_tfqteyMdUlRAN2e3OaZn3FKBN7S1o73gBdYw/s1600/The+wash+Day+experience+badge+%282%29.jpg

" alt="The Wash Day Experience" style="border:none;" />

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand...
    So you wash completely (plus drying) on sundays THEN you rinse on monday, deepco AND rinse again on wednesday??
    I believe that's way more manipulation and "wet-time" than anybody's hair needs...basically you're leaving your hair continuously wet and weak for extended periods of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did state that this was not a typical wash routine. However every so often I like to deep condition on dry hair. The only way to do this effectively is to wash your hair a day or so beforehand to ensure that you are DC'ing on clean hair.

      And no I did not rinse again on Wednesday.
      Sunday-wash
      Monday- Black Tea Rinse and Overnight DC
      Tuesday- DC rinsed out and styled
      Wednesday- GHE

      Delete