Friday, February 28, 2014

Black Tea Rinse... FINALLY!

Hello all!!! Well I FINALLY did a black tea rinse. I say finally because I bought a box of black tea like 2 months ago, when I was going through postpartum shedding. Unfortunately the bum in me, would never fully prepare for my wash days ahead of time, and was always to lazy to quickly brew some tea.

Well, I am not certain whether or not I am still experiencing postpartum shedding, my edges have grown back in alright, but I am still experiencing a lot of hair coming out into my brushes, well not a lot , but more than I would like. I have been to lazy to look and see if they were long, shedded hair, or short and broken pieces.

So I cowashed and deep conditoned my hair two days ago!
Cowashed with Aussie Moist
Deep Conditioned with a mix of bananas, EVOO,& Honey....TRUTH IT IS!!!

So I thought to myself, "my hair is fairly clean, I suppose...do a tea rinse"

I boiled about 2 1/2-3 cups of water and used 3 tea bags.
I let it sit and cool off for maybe 30-40 minutes, it was still warm as I poured it on my dry hair.
I let it sit for another 30-45 minutes.
Rinsed it off in the shower, the lastly I cowashed 1x using Aussie Moist.

I felt as if I could physically feel my hair feeling stonger, but this is the first time, so I do not feel comfortable to "Review" it.

My hair never felt stiff or hard, and I was pressed for time, so I omitted the deep conditioner.\
I brushed my hair into a sock bun, and headed out of  the door.

I will try to incorporate this into my regimen every two weeks, alternating with ACV rinses.

No comments:

Post a Comment