Sunday, September 29, 2013

Products That I Use On My Hair Journey

I have been on my hair journey for a little over 2 years now. I have made it from NL to APL, one thing that I have learned is that, as my hair changes, it's needs have as well; therefore, my products will change.

I used to LOOOOOOOOOVE V05 Clarifying Conditioner, I am not sure if it's since my hair has gotten longer, or more texlaxed, but I have found myself needing a more creamy, more thick, cowash. So I have sadly had to say RIP, to my V05.

With that being said, here is a list of products that I currently use, being APL.

Relaxers

ORS Professionals- I love all ORS products, this relaxer leaves texture, and isn't so strong that it burns, despite following instructions....I have experienced that.

Hawaiian Silky- ORS is my fav, but I have used Hawaiian Silky when my local BSS is out of ORS. For me, Hawaiian Silky does not burn my scalp, but it does tend to get my hair straighter than I like it to be in a short amount of time.


Deep Conditioners

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Treatment- I LOOOOOOE This conditioner. It detangles like that of a god and leaves my hair feeling well moisturized and strong.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle- This is an excellent DC, especially to be a quickie job and cheapie!!!! It has a thck creamy consistency and leaves my hair super moisturized.


 CoWash

Aussie Miraculously Smooth- Since becoming APL, my hair has so begun to love this condish! It is thick, creamy, and really moisturizes your hair!

AsIAm CoWash- I only listed this because as of right now, I am using this. However, I don't plan on re-purchasing it. It is too thin for me, and doesn't have a "wow factor".


Leave In Conditioner

Aussie Hair Insurance; This leave in is EVERYTHING!

Moisturizers

ORS Hair Lotion:  I use 1-2x a week

Mizani Over night Treatment: Alternates with ORS Hair Lotion

S Curl No Drip: Use as an as needed spritzer.


Oils

Coconut Oil (fav): I use this as a prepoo and add to my moisturizers, as it can penetrate the hair.

Grapeseed Oil: Use a heat protectant and as a sealant.

Castor Oil: I use this as a growth aid, and currently in the Castor Oil Challenge, I mix with Grapeseed Oil to seal in the moisture.

EVOO: I use for hot oil treatments & or oil rinses, and occassionally to seal with.


My regimen as well as my products are all simple and easily accessible.


2 comments:

  1. I really like all the products you listed, i use at least 95% of them in my hair journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like most of the products you listed. I use at least three of them in my daily routine.

    ReplyDelete