Friday, February 15, 2013

Product Review: ORS Moisturizing Hair Lotion

 I know I am probably not telling you anything new, if you are seasoned in "hair care", but for those of you who are new, or just plain old "sleeping" on this product (like I was). I have over looked this time and time again, you may wonder what convinced me to finally pick it up. I may sound like a true hair STAN (stalker+fan), but it was seeing it in ULoveMegz stash! I use ORS Relaxer because of her, however I use the Professional kind, not the kit. Anywho my review on this product MAY be a bit biased since my hair is straightened and I recently dusted, using my SplitEnder. However I LOOOOOVE this product!! I am usually a Mizani girl, some of you may know but they can run anywhere from $17-$22 and while it is a great product, if I can get the same quality for less money, I most certainly will!! That is what I feel like ORS Moisturizing Hair Lotion is, an equivalent to my Mizani Butter Rich Hairdress, for less money. It is super creamy, does not take a lot, and my hair just feels moisturized!!!It really does just feel so moisturized and soft. It cost about $4.95. Sally's description of it reads:
  • Restores moisture to dry, thirsty hair
  • Conditions and protects hair from high heat
  • Not greasy or sticky
  • Long-lasting shine

"An Incredibly rich oil moisturizing hair lotion. With consistent use, hair will begin to show improved elasticity, hydration and shine. Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion protects hair from blowdryers and curling irons. Strengthens damaged hair. "
So far I have only used it once, but seeing how my hair is now it makes me excited to see the results I should recieve if I continue to use it on a regular basis.
The ingredients are:
Water - Aqua, Coconut Oil - Cocos Nucifera, Sorbitol, Trimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol , Petrolatum, Cyclomethicone, Peanut Oil - Arachi Hypogaea , Castor Oil - Ricinus Communis, Cetyl Esters, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Olive Oil - Olea Europaea, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Carbomer , Cetearyl Alcohol , Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance - Parfum , Benzyl Alcohol , Benzyl Salicylate , Geraniol, Hexylcinnamicaldehyde, Lillial, D'Limonene, Linalool, Lyral, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, BHT , Blue No. 1 - CI 42090, Yellow No. 5 - CI 19140
I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars. 4 simply because I wish it did not contain any Petrolatum lol, but other than that it is a thumbs up!!! As I stated I have only used once on flat ironed hair, I will do a follow up update after I wash and go back to my low maintainence hair styles when my hair has more texture in it.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great hair lotion, I want to try it too!
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Eucerin Philippines

    ReplyDelete