Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Learning To Braid


I do NOT know how to braid...lol so this is my 1st attempt. Before I tried braiding cornrows straight down the back but I just could not get in a comfortable position to do so. SO I did like my great grandmother does lol, and I parted my in an intersecting part, creating 4 sections of hair. I braided to going back...the back braids, and 2 going down the side of my head, the top braids. Then I routed the top braids to the back, creating 2 small pony tails. I then took the ends of the tow pony tails and pinned them down to the back of my head (nape area)....a placed a wig cap down, and wore Cleopatra on top :-)

Keep in mind this was my 1st attempt at braiding, so I make some errors, but I definitely plan on keeping on trying and documenting my progess :-D

2 comments:

  1. Its takes a while to learn how to braid your own hair let alone cornrow. Stay encouraged and keep practicing. You'll get it! People always ask me how I cornrow my own hair, but I've been doing it for more than 10 years! Practice makes Permanent. HHG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking out the blog!!! & yesmy hand have to get used to the cross crossing!! I'm making progress & healthy hair is my motivation to keep it up!!! Thanks again Hun!!

    ReplyDelete